Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 9, 2009

    Dallas Sucks

    Ugh.

    Boy howdy, do I miss Atlanta.

    Atlanta was so cool, because it had all these little pocket neighborhoods. At first glance, yes, it's all very spread out, and it is, but it's really just a collection of all these little communities. Each one has its distinct feel, and has all these little gems in it and the people in them know each other.

    It ain't like that here.

    I know this because I'm trying to set up a closing package for each of our buyers after the deal's closed, kind of like what we sent out from Fourteen West every month to our old buyers. Boy, am I meeting with resistance. No one knows our real estate office, even though we've been here for almost five years. No one wants to give out coupons or business cards because they don't recognize the value of setting up a community. I understand a large company not wanting to do that, because they have to go through corporate and it's a big headache. But the locally owned mom-n-pop organizations? Who thrive on word of mouth and rely on the community??

    I miss Little Five and Virginia Highlands and Midtown and Decatur and Druid Hills and all.

    No comments: