Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 5, 2009

    "Bible Spice"

    With apologies to one of my Twitter friends, I'm going to start calling Carrie Prejean "Bible Spice." Partly because it fits and mostly because it's funny.

    Word on the street is that she's going to lose her crown tomorrow.

    Good.

    I say that not as a gay man, which I'll get to in a minute, I say that as an outsider who sees someone who does NOT represent the "ideals" of California, nor as a contender to represent our country. The majority of America is in favor of marriage equality now. Even if you're against gay marriage, there are better, more diplomatic answers to the question. But then to keep talking about it, over and over, when the Miss California pageant is telling you that they might be taking your crown back, that's just stupid. You do not have to talk to everyone that calls. I'm sure you send some of your friends calls to your voicemail on your cell phone, Bible Spice. I'm ready for her and Joe the Plumber to go have ignorant babies somewhere in the middle of Montana where they can't hurt anyone.

    Now, as a gay man, I appreciate her honesty. I'd hate to think what we could have been praising ANOTHER two-faced Mary. But as a gay man, her opinion offends me. How dare she tell me that I'm less worthy than a straight person to get married. I don't wish her ill, I just wish her off my tv. And I hope she does lose her crown. And I hope the conservatives cry foul that she's being discriminated against. Frankly, if I didn't have such dear, close friends, I'd advocate some serious straight discrimination and see how "they" like it.

    I'm tired, I'm going to bed now.

    No comments: