Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 2, 2009

    Today

    Since Shayera and I are stuck in the coat closet because the tornado sirens are going off, I decided I should take the chance to update my blog. This is also a handy means to distract myself, because I've never been in a tornado before. Can there be a tornado if there's thunder going on? I don't know.

    Well, the love dare challenge failed, mostly because the only pace I was getting the information was from my friend Matt Thien's blog, and I never checked it until later in the day, and by then it was too late. I apologized to Luke, but he told me I didn't need to do it anyway, because he felt my love anyway. I think Matt's wife said the same thing to him, though. :/

    We got joint checking today, which is nice. It's stupid and silly, but both of us felt like it added some more legitimacy to our relationship. It means no more transferring money back and forth between accounts, our savings can be accessed jointly, it just feels good.

    I'm nervous and excited, and a little heartsick about going to Atlanta. I'm excited because Atlanta is home to me, I lived there most of my life, so I know where everything is, and I know so many people there. I'm excited because Luke and I are going to be in our own place again! Plus, I just love the city. I think it's a beautiful city. I'm nervous because it will be the first time that I've been my own boss, my career depends entirely on the kindness of others, and it's just a whole new venture. I'm heartsick because I HATE being without Luke, I had to do it for almost a month when we moved out here, then there were essentially two weeks where Luke was in Toronto helping his sister move, and now I'm going to have to do it all over again, while I go to real estate school and he finishes up his internship.

    I'm also a little sad to be leaving Jim & Sara. Paul is most likely coming with Luke and I to start school at Georgia State, and we'll be back with Jake & Erin, so that's all good, but I really do like Jim & Sara. They're pretty awesome people. If I couldn't have my parents as my parents, Jim & Sara would have been a solid plan B.

    But, Luke and I are officially engaged. I'm pretty sure that anyone that knows this blog address is my friend on Facebook or follows me on Twitter, but on the off chance that you do not know me from either of those places, there you go.

    Our first decision has been that we will have two weddings, unless Georgia becomes sane and allows gay marriage before we plan ours. We will either go to Massachusetts or Vermont, because we want to get married some place that we have ties to. My aunt and her partner of 31 years live in Mass, and I think they'd have problems coming to our wedding in GA, so that's my first choice. We vacationed in Vermont with my family last year, so that's our only tie to Vermont, but when you only have a few states to choose from, even a tenuous tie is something. So we'd go to Mass or VT and get married, and then come back to GA where our life is and have the big ceremony and have all the friends and relatives come to that one.

    I think that the tornado thing is over now, but I'm not really sure how you're supposed to know. What a weird thing.

    I had picked out the wedding ring that I wanted, but then Luke came up with the idea that we pick out each other's wedding ring, which I think is probably nicer. Unfortunately, it means that I probably won't get the ring that I wanted, but I WILL get something that HE wants to give me, which is nicer, I think. On the other hand, I also have no idea what to get him, because I think it should symbolize our relationship, yet be specifically for and about him, and at the same time, it has to be something that he can either wear while giving massages or he'll have to put it on a chain while he does the massage. It's kind of a lot to take into account. I guess that's why people go ring shopping instead of just picking out the first one they see, huh?

    Ok, so I've come out of the closet. For the tornado thing, I mean. I'm back in the living room.

    I think that pretty much covers where things stand at the moment. I'll catch you back up later on!

    No comments: