Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 28, 2008

    We've Arrived! A story in two parts, pt 2

    Ok, so I'm doing this from vacation, which has many of its own stories, but I gotta finish the move, first.

    So, we awoke at a quarter til 8, not so refreshed, very sore, and, for my part, a little bitter about the work remaining.  Luke had to go to work.  I know he didn't see it this way, but I felt he'd escaped.  So, I knew that Jake and Erin were going to sleep in and have a late breakfast, so I was expecting them at about 11 or so.  Fine.  I began moving boxes, finishing the packing, all the stuff I could do by myself while I waited for them.  What I didn't know was that Jake had gotten rip-roaring drunk the night before with his cast (He's doing "An Adult Evening With Shel Silverstein" at the old Galaxy Playhouse and I believe that it opens July 31st.  Go.  I've read the script, its hysterical and disturbing.)  So they woke up at 12, then went out to breakfast, and then Erin, bless her heart, had to take some tests for work, and so they didn't end up getting there until 3.  Let me tell you, they were a godsend.  I could not have gotten everything done without them.  Erin painted, Jake helped me reorganize the truck, he helped give me some direction about finishing packing, it was perfect.  Meanwhile, I'd called my best friend Phillip and his brother to see if they could come, but they had errands they had to run.  At three o'clock, they call to tell me they need to get let in, they have a present for me.

    I hate to do this to you, but I'm doing this from the jacuzzi in my bathroom here on vacation, and I'm sweating like a pig.  I'll try to write more later today.  

    No comments: