Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 15, 2008

    Whoops!

    Didn't realize it had been so long! Sorry! But, I'll be picking things back up, because I'll be moving on Thursday to Dallas, and as one of my friends said, I have to tell the story in my own words.

    Luke doesn't do well, when packing, with spacing the project out over a few days, so that, for instance, if we need to get to something, it's not already packed. I did not know this when I sent him in to pack up the living room, thinking that it might take a couple of days. I was excited/had some trepidation when I saw that he'd packed it all in an hour and a half. Nowadays, here's a typical conversation around our house:

    Jacob: Luke, do you know where that book Erin lent us is?
    Luke: I packed it.
    Jacob: [long suffering sigh]
    Luke: I was trying to be efficient!

    Don't get me wrong, I have my faults, too.

    Luke: Honey, do you know what you're going to do about your car?
    Jacob: I thought we'd decided to donate it.
    Luke: Have you called to do that yet?
    Jacob: [silence]
    Luke: [cry of frustration]

    Isn't your first move as a couple fun? Though, I must say, having seen my parents do it SEVERAL times, I suspect that it does not get easier.

    Got to train my replacement at work now, so I must go, but I already have a funny story to tell, so I'll be back.

    No comments: